We have received inquires about whether it is safe and if Sunrise Yoga teaches yoga for pregnant women. Pregnant students are welcome to attend our Level 1 Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Chair Yoga, All Levels, and Back Care classes. All our teachers are well trained to work with pregnant students, therefore, it is safe. All of our teachers are trained in working with various student concerns. For all health issues, please speak with your physician before your first class to receive his/her approval. We are able to work with many types of students, and some of our classes are specially designed for students with limitations and concerns. Please notify your instructor prior to class about your concerns.
This series of four poses is designed to support spinal health and relieve back pain through yoga.
1. Come to lie in your back with the knees bent and the soles of your feet on the floor.
2. Do 5-10 Pelvic Tilts to warm up the spine.
Supported Bridge Pose
1. Have a yoga block nearby.
2. Press into the soles of the feet to lift the hips. Slide a yoga block under your sacrum, coming into Supported Bridge.
3. This should be a comfortable resting position that you may want to hold for several minutes.
4. To come out, press into the feet the lift the sacrum off the block, slide the block out, and slowly lower your back on to the floor.
Reclined Big-Toe Pose – Supta Padangusthasana
1. Have a yoga strap nearby.
2. Release your left leg flat on the floor (you may keep it bent with the sole on the floor if this is more comfortable) as you draw the right knee in to your chest.
3. Loop the strap over your right foot and straighten the leg coming in to Reclined Big Toe Pose – Supta Padangusthasana.
4. Repeat on the other leg.
Supine Spinal Twist – Supta Matsyendrasana
1. Lift your hips slightly off the floor and shift them about an inch to your right.
2. Bring your right knee into your chest and extend the left leg on the floor.
3. Drop your right knee over to the left side of your body, coming in to Supine Spinal Twist – Supta Matsyendrasana.
Sunrise Yoga has amazing, caring and gifted instructors. Attention is given to each student as they give instruction. This post will highlight Jessie Rymarchyk. Jessie grew up in a small suburb of Syracuse, New York and attended SUNY Cobleskill, Cornell University, and SUNY Dehli where she received degrees in Animal Science and Veterinary Technology. Since 2000 she has been employed full time in the field of veterinary medicine as a licensed and registered veterinary technician. Shortly after starting her vet tech career, she began practicing yoga.
She has graduated from the Sunrise Yoga Teacher Training program as a 500-hour Certified Yoga Teacher.
Jessie’s interest in teaching has grown as she has deepened her own practice. Yoga has benefited her in ways both expected and unintended. This has inspired Jessie to share her experience with others by encouraging them to begin and helping them to enhance their own yoga practice. In addition, Jessie has started her own business that promotes a holistic lifestyle called Hippie Chick Goods, LLC. She makes natural products that include soaps, lotions, salt and sugar scrubs.
Experience Jessie’s Level 1 Yoga class Monday mornings from 10:00-11:30 am. Come by the studio so you get to know her!