Enrichment program – our next program starts in September 2017
The Sunrise Yoga Enrichment Program provides the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of yoga and expand your personal practice during a two-weekend study period.
Get all the details here! (Dates, times, fees, policies, etc.)
Join us for a Free Class – Open House to learn more!
- Friday, July 14 @ 6 – 7:30 pm
- Sunday, August 13 @ 1 – 2:30 pm
What you’ll study
During your participation, you’ll study side-by-side with the 200-hour teacher training students and together you will explore the nuts and bolts of yoga:
- The mechanics of yoga’s most fundamental postures
- The basics of yoga anatomy and physiology
- Using props – provided by Sunrise Yoga – to make yoga postures accessible for all body types with all levels of experience
- The essence of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras – what they are and how their ancient wisdom applies to contemporary life
- Pranayama (working with the breath), chanting and meditation practices for modern, everyday living
The Enrichment Program is designed especially for the student who wants more than a traditional yoga class setting can offer. For those who do not plan to teach, it’s the perfect opportunity to expand your horizons with a more modest commitment.
For those who are considering teaching, the Enrichment Program is excellent preparation for future participation in the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification program and a great way to explore the teacher training experience. A number of our Enrichment Program students continued their studies and completed the entire 200-hour curriculum.
Are you ready?
Entrance requirements for the Sunrise Yoga Enrichment Program:
- All ages (over 18) and abilities welcome!
- Ability to do certain poses or practice at an advanced level is NOT required
- A minimum one-year prior yoga experience preferred
- Personal interview to explore your interest, yoga background, and current knowledge of yoga
- Attendance in at least one class with Valerie or a Teacher Training Open House at Sunrise Yoga Studio
If you are curious to know more about yoga, the Enrichment Program is the perfect place for you. Our highly experienced instructors works hard to make sure your experience is educational, fulfilling and fun!