Restorative Pose Highlight
Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose)
Props needed for pose:
- Bolster or 1-2 firm blankets folded lengthwise to match thickness of a bolster
- Blanket or pillow for head support
- Blocks or pillows to support the knees
- A strap or belt to help the feet stay together (optional)
- Eye bag if you desire
How to get in the pose:
- Place the bolster or blankets 3 inches behind your buttocks to support your spine.
- Place a blanket to support your head.
- Place the strap around your waist/lower back and under your feet as your bring the feet together in Bound Angle Pose.
- Make a big loop in the strap and tighten comfortably.
- Place blankets or pillows to support both your knees so there is relaxation without gripping.
- Lie back and be sure you are comfortable. If you are uncomfortable, try rearranging the props to by adding height or taking height away.
- Relax in this soothing pose that can help ease your mind and heart.