Yoga Therapy Sessions
Spend one-on-one time with a member of our staff. This is instruction convenient to your personal schedule and needs … plus the optimal practice opportunity and attention without other students in the same room.
Some students attend a combination of group classes and privates; some students attend private sessions only. You can schedule a private session once a month; you can schedule private sessions twice a week. You and your instructor will find what is best for you.
Reasons students choose to take private yoga therapy sessions include:
- Progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the philosophy and practice of Yoga.
- Benefit from one-on-one sessions with Valerie to address issues specific to your health situation
- Link movement to breathing with emphasis on relaxation to manage and/or reduce symptoms of health issues
Private Yoga Therapy Sessions
The International Association of Yoga Therapists states yoga therapy “bridges yoga and health care.” Because yoga teaches the connection between mind, body and spirit, yoga therapy can often accomplish more than is possible with physical therapy. In YogaJournal.com, Timothy McCall, M.D., gives this overview of yoga therapy:
“Yoga therapy is typically conducted one-on-one or in small groups. Often, a session more closely resembles an appointment with a physical therapist or rehabilitation specialist than it does a typical yoga class. What sets this healing modality apart from others is the focus on linking movement to deep, rhythmic breathing. Another difference is the emphasis on relaxation. In fact, when someone is gravely ill, a therapist may suggest that the entire practice consist only of breath awareness and relaxation until the patient is ready to tackle more.”
At Sunrise Yoga Studio, yoga therapy sessions are conducted by Valerie Kiser, owner, E-RYT 500 & Certified Yoga Therapist. In 2007, Valerie completed a Yoga Therapist Certification program and has practiced it since. She works privately with students looking for guidance related to various conditions such as IBS, anxiety, cerebral palsy, low back pain, depression, pelvic floor pain, fibromyalgia, etc. Valerie uses the tools of yoga to assist the individual and help them find the means to better health.
Fees for a private yoga therapy session are as follows:
- 30 minutes = $40
- 60 minutes = $75
These fees apply to 1 or 2 persons at the studio. Please inquire for the fee for 3 or more persons or to have a private session in a location other than the studio.
The length of session to choose will depend on your interests, health issues, and time available. We recommend the 60-minute session for at least the first session to allow us time for a full assessment of your situation.
If you have a question or want more information, please fill out the form below & we will be back in touch soon.
What students say about private yoga therapy
“Ongoing, weekly private sessions with Valerie have allowed me to spend time with myself and pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me. I have Fibromyalgia, and yoga has definitely helped me not be in as much pain as I have gained strength and flexibility. This is the only way I truly feel I am relaxed and my body can restore itself. The one on one time allows Valerie to see what my needs are, and I can be focused without the distraction of others.”
— Shirley E.
Private session policies:
- Sessions are to be paid for in-full prior to or on the day of the scheduled appointment.
- Late for an appointment: The private session has a scheduled start time and end time. The session will end at the scheduled end time even if you are late.
- Cancellation /changes to an appointment:
- Cancellations/changes made more than 12 hours away from the appointment time may be made via email or phone. If you do not receive an email back confirming your message, then you must call to cancel.
- Cancellations/changes to an appointment that is less than 12 hours away, contact the teacher by phone. Email is not acceptable for anything less than 12 hours.
- Cancellations/changes made less than 12 hours from the appointment time and no-shows are subject to full payment of the appointment at the discretion of the teacher.